This Strawberry Bacon Salad with Honey Lime Balsamic Vinaigrette is utterly delicious and oh so flavorful. You won’t believe how the mint pops! Salty and sweet at its best! A salad made of fresh strawberries, bits of bacon, feta cheese crumbles, and more, and finished with a drizzle of homemade honey lime vinaigrette salad dressing.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BALSAMIC-HONEY-LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- Juice of 1 lime 2 tablespoons
- Zest of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼-½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pint strawberries hulled & sliced
- ¼ cup goat or feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 slices bacon crisped & crumbled
- ¼ cup pecans honey roasted or toasted
- 1-2 tablespoons mint leaves rough chopped
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil in a medium bowl and whisk until well incorporated. Then, while whisking vigorously, drizzle in the olive oil. Whisk until the oil and vinegar mixture has emulsified. (If preferred, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and then whisk or shake it immediately before using.) Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR THE SALAD:
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on a small serving plate or platter. Sprinkle the strawberries with the feta cheese, cranberries, bacon and pecans. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and sprinkle the pecans on top and garnish with small mint leaves.
*NOTE: For early prep: make the vinaigrette, cook and crumble the bacon, wash & dry the strawberries then keep these ingredients (along with the cheese) refrigerated until ready to plate the salad.