If you need an elegant dish that you can serve for those special occasions, then this is the perfect dish for you to prepare.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 40 minutes
1, 8 ounce pack of linguine pasta
1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup of low sodium chicken broth
¼ cup of dried white wine
1 lemon, juice only
½ tsp. of lemon zest
Dash of salt
2 tsp. of black pepper
1 pound of shrimp, peeled
¼ cup of butter
3 Tbsp. of parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. of basil, chopped
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, fill with salted water. Allow to come to a boil. Add in the linguine and cook for 10 to 14 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the low sodium chicken broth, dried white wine, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well to mix. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Lower the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until reduced.
- Add in the shrimp, butter, chopped parsley and chopped basil. Stir well to mix. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is bright pink.
- Add in the linguine and toss well to coat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.