Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 7 mins
Servings: 6 Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 1/4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of reduced fat colby jack monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- sour cream
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to Instant Pot and hit Saute button, then hit adjust button to set to More.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Once oil is hot, add chicken to pot in two batches to encourage browning.
- Once chicken is browned, add onions and cook until they start to soften.
- Add additional tablespoon of olive oil and uncooked rice and toast uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown. Don’t skip this step. Rice needs to be toasted.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Once the liquid is added, use wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pot to prevent burn notice.
- Lock Instant Pot lid in place and set to Manual, High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use Quick Pressure Release, and once pressure pin drops, open Instant Pot and fluff Chicken Burrito Bowl with fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese, recover and let set for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and guacamole.