This Chinese style shrimp is made with the flavors of Hong Kong in mind. Battered shrimp tossed in a creamy sauce, this is a dish that is hard to say no to.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 cup of water
2/3 cup of white sugar
½ cup of walnuts, chopped
4 egg whites
2/3 cup of mochiko
¼ cup of mayonnaise
1 pound of shrimp, peeled
2 Tbsp. of honey
1 Tbsp. of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of vegetable oil, for frying
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add in the water and white sugar. Stir well to mix. Allow to come to a boil. Add in the chopped walnuts. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer the walnuts onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, add in the egg whites. Whisk until foamy. Add in the mochiko. Continue to whisk until paste like in consistency.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the vegetable oil.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter and transfer immediately into the hot oil. Fry for 5 minutes or until golden. Drain the shrimp on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl, add in the mayonnaise, honey and condensed milk. Whisk until smooth in consistency. Add in the drained shrimp. Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the