Makes 15 to 20 21⁄2-inch circles
With a wonderful cheesy smell and taste, these round, crispy treats will disappear quickly.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1⁄4 cup cornmeal 1 tablespoon low-sodium beef bouillon powder
1 large egg
3⁄4 to 1 cup warm water
1 cup cornmeal, for rolling out treats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first four ingredients together and then add the egg and 3⁄4 cup warm water. Mix to form a dough. If the mixture is too dry, add more of the remaining water.
- Spread the cornmeal on a breadboard. Form half the dough into a ball. Drop it on the cornmeal, flatten slightly, and turn it over to get cornmeal on both sides. Roll the dough out to 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Use a circular cookie cutter 21⁄2 inches in diameter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place on greased cookie sheets. 6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Repeat steps 3–6 with the other half of the dough.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container.
Crunchier Treats: For crisper treats, when all the cookies have been baked, turn off the oven. Put all the cookies back on a cookie sheet and return them to the oven. Leave them in the cooling oven for several hours or overnight to harden.