This crispy shrimp is rolled in a coconut and beer batter that makes for a sweet and crunchy shrimp dish I know you will want to make over and over again.
Makes: 6 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
½ cup of all-purpose flour
2/3 cup of beer
1 ½ tsp. of baking powder
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
2 cups of coconut, flaked
3 cups of vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl, add in the egg, all-purpose flour, beer and baking powder. Stir well to mix.
- In two separate bowls, add in ¼ cup of all-purpose flour and the flaked coconut.
- Dredge the shrimp in the all-purpose flour. Dip into the batter and toss in the flaked coconut until coated on all sides. Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with a sheet of wax paper.
- In a pot, add in the vegetable oil. Heat the oil until it reaches a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Add in the shrimp. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.